WEST WICKHAM PHOTGRAPHIC SOCIETY
2016 OUTINGS PROGRAMME
Sunday 7th February 2016,
Victoria and Albert Museum and Environs
• 09.29 Train from Hayes to Cannon Street
• Circle / District Line to South Kensington
• Short walk to the museum
To do what?
• The Julia Margaret Cameron Exhibition – A historic milestone in photographic style and composition (free).
• Photography is allowed in the general exhibition areas and the statues provide some good opportunities.
• The building itself, outside and inside is interesting, with the courtyard pond providing opportunities for reflections.
• Optionally there are paid exhibitions on shoes and jewellery.
• If the weather is good then Albert Memorial, Albert Hall and Kensington Gardens provide extra photo opportunities.
• Any camera or lens will do.
• Wide angle lens will be useful for architectural shots
• A long lens will be useful for detail
• Large aperture will be useful for interior shots as no tripods or monopods are allowed inside.
• Short walks from Cannon Street Main Line Railway to the Tube Station, then a flat 8 minute walk to the museum.
• All other walking is at your discretion.
• On arrival coffee at the V&A Café, which is across the courtyard as you go in.
• Although the V&A Café does lunch, it is not the best value for money and an alternative will be researched prior to travel.
|Sun, 7th February||Victoria and Albert Museum and Environs||Bob Zwolinsky|
|Thur, 10th March||Sky Garden and a London City Church||Tony Warran|
|Sat, 16th April||Treasure Hunt in Edenbridge||Bob Zwolinsky|
|Thur,s 5th May||Eagle Heights||Norman and Joyce Bernard.|
|June (TBA)||High Elms Nature Reserve||Derek Miah|
(TBA) = To be announced.